It is really really cold here. I keep 3-4 layers on most of the time. Most of the reason is because there is not central air or heat, so we have gas heaters that we light periodically as we need the heat. Michelle bought a jacket today for 14,000 pesos. :) No worries, it is only about 28 US dollars
Michelle, my partner for these four months, and I are getting along great. It is so cool to see how God has specifically chosen us to be together for this time and how I can already tell that I'm going to learn alot from her.
Pray for us as we continue in orientation. I am trying to learn Spanish as quickly as possible. We are going out around the city in small groups tomorrow on our own, so we'll see how I do without having a strong Spanish speaker with me, as Michelle and I are fairly limited in our Spanish.
Pray that God stretches and grows me even this week. Pray that he uses these days to refine me and equip me for these four months.
May the Father's love and grace be with you all.

We will definitely be thinking about and praying for you Daphne!! Looking forward to hearing what God has planned for you and will do through you over the next 4 months!
ReplyDeleteI love you Daphne!
ReplyDelete