Sunday, August 2, 2009

Packing, Passport, and Pesos

In two weeks I leave to spend four months in Chile. Everyday I am finding out more and more about what I will actually be doing in Chile. The more I find out the more excited I become.

There are five semester missionaries that will be spread into three different villages in northern Chile. We are all college-age girls that will be working in the schools to help the teachers and students learn English. My teammate Michelle and I will be in El Palqui and Villa El Palqui, Chile, working in their schools building relationships and teaching English. We will live in an apartment provided by the school in El Palqui. The local missionaries live about 30 minutes away in Ovalle, a larger city.

What a great task before us. God is sending us to Chile to reach out and meet a language need among the Chileans as well as to be an encouragement to the missionaries that make Chile their home. In all of our efforts, in whatever task is set before us, pray that we will be revealing Christ's love. That is my prayer.




1 comment:

  1. Daphne! Sounds so incredibly awesome! I will miss you so much but you are doing amazing things and we will be praying for you in our prayers! Be safe and God Bless!!!! I love you Daphne Davies!
    LelleyK! :)

    ReplyDelete