Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Journey Home

I am beginning the journey back to the United States. This week holds time of debriefing with other semester missionaries that served in Chile, Brazil, and Mexico. And one week from today I will arrive in Houston, Texas, with a heart full of experiences of life in South America.

This morning as I spent time with Jesus, this passage caught my attention:
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ." Ephesians 1:7-10

Here laid out in Scripture once again is God's plan of bringing all of creation under Himself...through Christ. This is His will. In every place, the US, Chile, and the ends of the world, God's plan is that people may have a relationship with Him through Christ. And that is why I am in Chile. Imperfect, with many mistakes, yet knowing the truth and light of the gospel: a relationship with God through Christ.

Inspite of whatever comes this week, rejoice that the Father is bringing all things under Himself. Be humbled that he uses us as his instruments so that all may know of the redemption that is in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment